Guidelines to follow:2015-2016 NCRA Young Authors’ Project
“Making the Most of Me”
Local Council Guidelines and Responsibilities
The theme for the 2015–2016 Young Authors’ Project is “Making the Most of Me.” Young Authors are encouraged to write about defining choices that have shaped their lives or their own journeys toward becoming the very best version of themselves. Authors may write prose or poetry, fiction or non-fiction.
Guidelines to follow:
- All entries must be original creations.
- Only one entry per person may be submitted.
- All entries must be submitted by a member of NCRA.
All entries should:
- Use Microsoft WORD (not Works), and save as a .doc or .docx file.
- Use 10-point, “Times New Roman” font, single-spaced, for the body of the piece.
- Include an original title, typed in bold, 12-point type, with only the first letter of each major word in the title capitalized (e.g., Making the Most of Me)
- Include author information after the body of the piece. Skip two lines and then center the following information in 10-point:
Author’s first and last name
** Please use the correct formatting for each entry. A flash drive with all correctly formatted entries must be included with the hard copies of entries at the time of entry submission.
Length of Entries
- Grades K-1: Entries should have no more than 200 words.
- Grades 2-8: Entries should have no more than 300 words.
- Grades 9-12 and Forever Young: Entries should have no more than 500 words.
A completed Young Authors’ 2015-2016 Entry Form must be taped to the back of each entry.
Number of Entries for a Local Council
- The number of Young Authors’ entries your council may submit is determined by the number of members you have in NCRA, based on the previous year’s membership total or this year’s membership figure as of December 1, 2014, whichever is greater.
Number of Members Number of Entries
Developing Councils 10
(active 2 years or less)
Council Favorite 1
Forever Young entries No more than 50% of total entries allowed for students
- Each council may choose one “Council Favorite.” It will bypass the judging and automatically be included in the state publication.
- This essay will add one (1) to the numbers above.
- The “Council Favorite” entry must be clearly marked as the “Council Favorite: on the entry form.
Forever Young Entries
- Forever Young entries do not count toward the number of entries noted above.
- Adult entries should also be judged first at the local council level.
- Forever Young authors must be members of NCRA.
You may contact Jenni Carowan or Sabrina Secrest with questions or concerns about the Young Authors Project.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org