College Professors committee
“Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” - Abigail Adams
Officers for College Professors are Lisa Mitchell, president, and Ioney James, Treasurer. College professors work with the North Carolina Reading Association to strengthen ties between universities that prepare literacy teachers and professional organizations that support and sustain high levels of achievement for classrooms. Ways that college professors will work with NCRA:
- Join local and state councils (NCRA) and IRA.
- Help identify one professor who would be willing to join and support each council and build relationship between NCRA and local colleges.
- Encourage in-service students to join professional organizations (local councils, NCRA, and IRA) and assume leadership roles at local levels as students learn more.
- Serve local councils by conducting sessions/presenting at meetings.
- Contribute to list of topics that councils might consider for meetings.
- Create distribution list/mailing list of college professors who agree to be part of the list and receive information from NCRA.
- Contribute to e-newsletter or blog sponsored by NCRA.
- Organize and schedule a meeting of college professors for the NCRA conference.
- Work with Research Studies Chair, Dr. Lois Huffman, to publish news and information about literacy practices in ways that serve teachers and parents and advance teaching and learning.
Click here to contact NCRA President, Jeanne Swafford.
Members, find contact information for committee chairpersons in the Members Only section under Leaders, NCRA Committees.