Application deadline extended to May 1, 2016
See below for NEW $1,500 scholarship opportunity!
Who: This cohort is targeted for educators interested in a program designed to improve our understanding of struggling and developing readers. We encourage classroom teachers, coaches, special educators, interventionists, and administrators to apply for this cohort. Participants must hold an initial teaching license to be a part of the cohort.
Why: Ensuring reading proficiency for North Carolina students has never been more important given the recently passed Read to Achieve legislation and the emphasis on rigorous English Language Arts standards. The College of Education at NC State University is pleased to announce a new, cohort-based sequence of courses centered on developing teacher content and pedagogical knowledge of evidence-based reading instruction.
What: In this Master’s of Education degree, the sequence of literacy education courses acknowledges the complexity of reading instruction and the diverse needs of our students. To address these challenges, course topics include:
When: Participants will take two courses per semester (a total of ten courses over five semesters, including one summer session) beginning Fall 2016. Courses will be a mix of face-to-face, blended, and online.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE LITERACY COHORT PROGRAM?
- Go to www.ncsu.edu/grad/applygrad.htm
- On the pull-down menu for programs, you will click “Curr and Instr New Lit and Global Learning Reading Education-Distance-MED”
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2016
- You will be considered a full-time student by taking two courses per semester for five semesters (Fall 2016, Spring, Summer & Fall 2017, and Spring 2018).
- We are waiving the GRE score requirement.
- Students who are accepted into the program will receive a $1,500.00 tuition scholarship the first semester of enrollment!